Below is a list of the downloadable documents and other resources for free by Pam Marshalla.
Speech Pathology Advice Blog
Pam authored an advice-column-style blog for SLPs from 2006 to 2015. Explore the archives here:
Use the keywords/tags list found in the right-hand column to browse specific topics, or use the search feature to find specific words or phrases throughout the entire blog.
Pam’s Place Cues Videos
- Visit Pam’s Cues.
Master References List
This document lists all the references that Pam Marshalla used for her books, lectures/workshops, and blog. Most recently, this lis was updated and heavily vetted for The Marshalla Guide.
This reference list is an enormous and extensive list of resources and information for SLPs. References in blue are directly used in The Marshalla Guide and references in purple were sources for the book but were not cited within the text.
Oral Motor Institute Articles
While co-chair of the Oral Motor Institute, Pam published the following peer-reviewed monographs:
- Oral Motor Techniques Are Not New, 25 September 2007
- Oral Motor Treatment vs. Non-speech Oral Motor Exercises, 09 April 2008
- Horns, Whistles, Bite Blocks, And Straws: A Review of Tools/Objects Used in Articulation Therapy by Van Riper and Other Traditional Therapists, 3 April 2012
Articles & Editorials
Pam wrote many articles in the hope of giving SLPs and parents useful information to be able to share with colleagues and peers on the following topics and techniques.
The links below go to the article on Pam’s blog or you can choose to download the article as a PDF.
- Articulation Therapy in Schools / PDF
- Carryover Techniques for Speech-Language Therapy / PDF
- Diphthongs and Glides in Core Vocabulary Words / PDF
- What Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Really Means / PDF
- “Marshalla Eye Dropper Technique” For Drooling Elimination / PDF
- How to Teach Proper Oral-Nasal Resonance Balance / PDF
- The King’s Speech Was Dysarthric, Too / PDF
- Making Speech Targets Salient – Classic Auditory Training – Tools for Amplifying Speech / PDF
- The Roles of Oral Rest Posture and Neutral Position in Articulation Therapy / PDF
- The Roots of Oral-Motor Therapy: A Personal View / PDF