Do you need help solving a tricky lisp?
Look no further than Pam Marshalla’s best-selling book on the subject. Professional and student speech-language pathologists alike will find a fresh perspective and a wealth of information here.
This book is a dynamic discussion of remediation procedures for the frontal and lateral lisps. Pam combines traditional therapy with modern concepts of oral movement based on electropalatography and motor learning to make this classic reference. Practical, comprehensive and insightful.
“I went from someone who had no idea how to treat lisps to someone who was teaching other SLPs how to treat and diagnose them!!”
Frontal Lisp, Lateral Lisp is based on thirty years of direct therapy experience with the frontal and lateral lisps in a wide variety of clients. This book can be used as supplemental reading material in courses on articulation and is a great addition to a professional or university library.
- Learn how to treat even the most difficult lisps
- Gain a full perspective of normal sibilant production
- Learn to diagnose direction of airflow
- Shorten therapy time with effective techniques
- Discover how to combine articulation and oral-motor therapy
- Learn to motivate clients and commit them to therapy
- Create an environment for effective carryover
- Develop effective entrance and exit criteria
“I am no longer intimidated by a pesky lateral /s/! Fabulous book. One of my go-to resources. ”
- The Phonemes
- Oral Position for Sibilant Production
- Deep Analysis of the Frontal Lisp
- Deep Analysis of the Lateral Lisp
- Developmental Considerations in Sibilant Remediation
- The “Long T” Method
- The Cornerstone Approach
- Onward to the Other Sibilants
- Remediation Specific to the Frontal Lisp
- Remediation Specific to the Lateral Lisp
- Auditory Training Through the Program
- Oral Habits, Oral Structure, Oral Rest and Swallowing
- Achieving Carryover
- Real Clients in Real Therapy
Frontal Lisp, Lateral Lisp is:
- 228 pages
- Appropriate for SLPs
- For clients two years of age and older